Monday, November 17, 2008

Interested in Library 2.0?

Are you interested in hands-on learning about any of the following? If so, be sure to let me or Mellanie know. Nancy

Blogs & blogging; RSS feeds/newsreaders
Tagging and tag clouds; Delicious (formerly known as del.icio.us), a social bookmarking web site
Library Thing and WorldCat social networking
Wikis
MySpace / Facebook
Instant messaging such as Meebo or other numerous other instant messaging accounts
Mashups -- check out http://asp.winnefox.maps/barns
http://deverlibrary.org/locations_hours/
http://www.cambridgelibraries.ca/hot/carousel.cfm
http://about.scriblio.net/about
Flickr
YouTube
Second Life -- There's a college fair on InfoIsland this week (it will be up through Friday). The address is: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Info%20Island/125/125/30/ Of course you need to download the Second Life software at http://www.secondlife.com/ . Libraries with a presence in Second Life include the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County as well as the Alliance Library System (Illinois). You can see some video clips on the Second Life Library at http://www.myspace.com/73899784

3 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Second Life really intrigues me, but someone needs to invent a longer day to make time for it in my life. I would also like to know more about Twitter--I hear it has great potential.

But I would attend a class on ANY of them.

 
At November 18, 2008 at 11:40 AM , Blogger fletcher said...

Thanks, Kathie.....good point about Twitter.

 
At February 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM , Blogger The Book Fan said...

Wow, I'm so on top of the techie world that I'm only just now reading this post!

I'd like to direct your attention to an email I sent last night to Laurie in response to her request for ref sharing ideas.

I have the library on FB, and may be setting up one for myspace soon. I need to talk to Nancy M. about it first.

I have a twitter, but don't use it at all.

Don't forget to bring Wendy back to teach us how to put more interactive stuff on our websites. Little animations and whatnot.

Want to do more videos this year, too. I need new stuff for my youtube acct.

I agree w/ Kathie - classes on any of this stuff is good.

Barb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home